NY Steak Seasoning Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) top sirloin steak
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons Salute Seasonings NY Steak Seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 cups baby arugula (watercress, or other chopped lettuce such as romaine)
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Season the steak with Salute Seasonings NY Steak Seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the steak for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until it is browned on the outside, and cooked to your liking on the inside. Remove steak to a cutting board and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- While the steak rests, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Add the lettuce and oregano and toss to combine. Slice the steak against the grain on an angle.
Turn the dressed salad onto a serving plate, and top with the steak, and the sliced carrots. Sprinkle over the scallions and serve.