- 1 loaf (1 ½ pounds) sturdy sliced white sandwich bread
- ½ cup of butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups diced onion
- 3 teaspoons Salute Seasonings Poultry Seasoning (add more or less to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 ½ to 2 cups of chicken broth (use more or less to make stuffing as moist as you want it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray
- Cut the bread into 1/2-inch cubes; place in large bowl
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the celery and onions and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes
- Add Salute Seasonings Poultry Seasoning and salt and pepper to the celery and onion mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add the celery and onion. Mixture to the bread cubes; stir well to combine.
- Add the chicken broth; stir gently to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until heated through and lightly golden brown and crisp on top.
This stuffing can be prepared a day ahead. Assemble the stuffing, but don’t bake. Cover and refrigerate. You will need to add extra baking time to account for the fact that the stuffing is cold (extra 15-20 minutes).