Cajun Seasoning Recipe
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (quartered lengthwise, chopped)
- ½ medium onion (chopped)
- 5 oz. canned, no-salt-added, diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 cup water
- 16 oz. baking potatoes (peeled, diced)
- 1 teaspoon Salute Seasonings Cajun Seasoning
- 3 thin mild white fish filets, such as tilapia or catfish (about 4 ounces each), rinsed, patted dry, cut into 1-iinch cubes
- 2 teaspoons light tub margarine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the bell pepper, carrot, and onion for 3 minutes, or until the onion is soft, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the tomatoes with liquid, water, potato, and Salute Seasonings Cajun Seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until the potato pieces are tender.
- Gently stir in the fish. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove from the heat.
- Fold in the margarine and salt, being careful not to break up the fish. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes so the flavors blend. Ladle into soup bowls.