All American Barbecue Spice Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken breast (4-6 breasts) chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Salute Seasonings All American Barbeque Spice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Salute Seasonings All American Barbeque Spice
- If using wooden skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes in water before grilling or broiling.
- Add chicken to a large bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil; toss evenly to coat. Add Salute Seasonings All American Barbeque Spice and toss evenly to coat. Thread chicken onto skewers. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add all of the BBQ Sauce ingredients and heat over medium heat until butter is melted and sauce is heated through.
- TO GRILL: Generously grease grill and heat to medium-high heat. Grill chicken for approximately 8-10 minutes, rotating every couple minutes until nicely browned and slightly charred on each side and chicken is cooked through.
- Brush tops of chicken with BBQ sauce, flip, and cook for about one minute, then brush the other side of chicken, flip, and cook for one minute. Serve with remaining BBQ sauce.
- TO OVEN BROIL: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add the skewers in a single layer and broil, turning every 5 minutes until cooked through, about 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken. Brush cooked chicken with BBQ sauce and broil 1-2 minutes to caramelize. Serve with remaining BBQ sauce.